What We're Looking For
- Theatrical presentations 30–75 minutes long
- Suggested performance types: late night shows, season showcase performances, solo shows, puppet theatre, cabaret, theatrical comedy and youth-oriented shows
- Performances that will captivate a pop culture-savvy festival audience, many of whom will not have previous exposure to the art form
- Fun, daring, spectacular, truly exciting performance
Venue & Tech Notes
The Bumbershoot theatre program occurs in the Carleton Playhouse at the Center Theatre. The venue, configured in a modified thrust, seats 195 with no seat further than seven rows from the stage. The festival package consists of a full drape set with travellers upstage, providing an intimate performance environment with excellent acoustics.
Festival Technical Capabilities:
- Lighting: A full repertory festival plot will be provided. It is anticipated that each festival company will use up to four specials. ETC Express 48/96 control.
- Sound: Mackie 24/8 mixer, 8 output channels; 6 mains speakers; live sound capable; wired and wireless microphones, dual deck CD playback, multi-media playback capable.
- Projections: Canon x600 3300 lumens projector; variety of front and rear matte screens
- Full Telex communications system
- Yamaha studio acoustic piano
- Extensive inventory of tables, chairs and rehearsal blocks
Please note that the TPS Stage at Bumbershoot performances are presented in a festival format. Each company will be given up to six hours for technical and dress rehearsals prior to the festival. During the festival, the turnaround time between shows is limited to 30 minutes. All companies are encouraged to assist production management in accomplishing efficient changeovers between shows.
Materials for Proposal Submission
- Contact Information ⇒
- CV ⇒
- Artist résumé
- Relevant press clippings or reviews
- Performance Details ⇒
- Video sample
- Promotional photo
- Technical Details ⇒
- Tech rider
- Scaled floor plan of your typical stage configuration
- General tech requirements overview
- Other special considerations
Deadlines and Notification
Send relevant materials to:
Theatre Puget Sound
ATTN: Bumbershoot Application
P.O. Box 19643
Seattle, WA 98109
— OR —
Hand deliver relevant materials to:
Theatre Puget Sound
Seattle Center Armory 4th Floor
305 Harrison Street Suite 401A
Seattle, WA 98109
Applications must be postmarked or hand-delivered no later than 5 p.m. Friday, February 14. Notification by April 1 via email or U.S. mail. Your materials will not be returned without a SASE and sufficient postage.
If you have questions, please contact. Thanks for your interest in the Theatre Puget Sound Stage at Bumbershoot!
portion of an existing performance
ages 14 and up only
ages 21 and up only
- yes no
Please list the personnel in your group and their roles (performer, TD, LD, etc). One per line.
Attach your promotional photo. JPG format, high-resolution (300 dpi), 3" x 5" or larger please.
Please include a URL for your video. If on file or DVD, sample must be labeled appropriately. Cue to the review point, or specify tracks. Reviewers will consider approximately 10 minutes of material. If you do not have a sample of your proposed project, please send an alternate sample of your work.
Please write a 50-word bio for this performance and yourself as it would appear in an event program.
Please provide a scaled floor plan of your proposed staging which illustrates the placement of all scenic elements, furniture, etc.
Please provide a general overview of the technical requirements of your show.
If your show is particularly dependent on any of the following, please describe:
- Lighting specials
- Special effects (projections, etc.)
- Live amplified onstage sound or other special sound needs
- Special rigging needs